What Are the Symptoms of Preterm Labor?
Even if you don't have any known risks, you should contact your doctor or nurse-midwife if you have any of the warning signs of preterm labor, which can include:1
- Contractions (your abdomen tightens like a fist) every 10 minutes, or more often
- Change in vaginal discharge (leaking fluid or bleeding from your vagina)
- Pelvic pressure — the feeling that your baby is pushing down
- Low, dull backache
- Cramps that feel like your period
- Abdominal cramps, with or without diarrhea
You should also not hesitate to share any other concerns you may have with your doctor or nurse-midwife.
- 1. www.marchofdimes.com