Test Your Knowledge
How much do you know about preterm birth?
- 1. Preterm birth, or a birth before 37 weeks gestation, is rare in the United States.
- 2. Menstrual-like cramps, contractions, and backache can be symptoms of preterm labor.
- 3. Preterm birth can lead to lifelong problems for the baby.
- 4. Only women who have known risk factors, such as a previous preterm delivery, are at risk of having their baby prematurely.
- 5. Fetal fibronectin is a "glue-like" protein that holds the baby in place in the uterus.